Saturday, March 19, 2011

Simple things... like running, french toast and imaginary friends

I just read a friends blog about the things that get him excited about life.  For me it doesn't take much really.  I can feel it in the air...Spring.  The time of year when everything is renewed and brought back to life.  When the air is fresh, the sun is warm and the breeze is still slightly chilled but energizing.  The bright green fresh blades of grass and the purple and yellow flowers.  Longer days and more time spent outside.
This spring, I am especially excited about my new pair of running shoes.  I got them at the first of the year but i am just now starting to venture out with them.  Running has become a new love of mine.  After you run long enough you realize that your body is really capable of so much that you never thought possible.  The pain and aches at the beginning are just your body warming up and getting going.  After a mile two, usually, you feel like you could run forever.

So all that randomness leads up to: MY PERFECT SATURDAY
Here is a perfect Saturday for me... (Which has not happened yet this year).  Wake up at 6:30 or 7:00, (I have laid out all my running stuff the night before), get dressed, eat a little something, take off for a run.  Run for 45 min or so.  Watch the sun come up, smell the fresh spring air, listen to my up beat Classical Music (Lucia Micarelli) and try not to think of anything else.
When i get home, (after have kissed my wife) I make breakfast (french toast probably... and maybe a huge perfectly ripe mango) while the kids tell me about silly dreams and about crazy friend adventures that never really happened (my 3 year old is super popular, apparently he has a ton of friends that my wife and i have never met).  Work in the garden for a while and then relax and maybe nap on the porch swing...  Then whatever happens the rest of the day will be just fine. 
I like spring A LOT!  Can't wait to get some miles behind me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

let the good times roll! hope you get your perfect saturday lines up real soon.

Unknown said...

*lined*

blast.. well it is 5am.. you will forgive a few typos at this hour yes?